Thursday, August 28, 2008

My Blogific Life

So I'm trying to be more of a blogger. I plan on putting more of my life stuff out on this blog, not just weight loss. This will include stuff from the day, thought, nuances, musings on school, etc. and hopefully stuff on writing.

Today, for example, was a pretty good day until the end. I, at this point, am highly annoyed at a certain teacher (who will remain nameless, as I know that the intensity of these feelings will flicker out as time passes) because I was hoping to take this certain class and I wasn't able to. While I am completely fine with this, the attitude that sat upon this conversation, in my opinion, was great condescension; which, as anyone who knows me, chaffs like a nail being pulled from its bed. There is a part of me that would love to scream and rant and rave at this kind of attitude (as I am finding to be very common of late), but I will not. I will humbly submit for now, because patience is key in life when dealing with situations like these. Alas, I digress.

As for the rest, the day has been pretty fun. I am learning to write haikus right now and they look to be interesting. Also, this upcoming weekend is a three day weekend (yea, Labor Day!) and I look forward to *maybe* going to Mammoth Caves on Monday with a bunch of friends.

Ok, now writing stuff: Um, I have a few ideas for stories, but I've been told that they may be seen as pulpy. As in pulp fiction... I don't know, as I have never read 'pulp fiction'. All I know is that I am having an affinity for time-travel stories at this point. Like last April, I had an affinity for vampire stories and for a while I had an affinity for stuff taking place in the 1920s. Anyway, I will continue writing, because as blasphemous as this may seem to the writing world, my life does not hinge on whether or not my stories get published. They may or they may not. I would love for them to be published, but it isn't a live or die situation.

That's about it for now. Hopefully I will post in a few days. Until then...

No comments: