Thursday, February 25, 2010

College Park, MD???

This is going to be a short post, but I have two pieces of exciting news that have come to me in the past 7 days and that I am so happy about.

1. Last Friday I got an email from the iSchool at UMD saying that they have recommended me to the Graduate Council for admittance into their MLS program in the fall. :D According to the people I have talked to, at this point I have a good chance of being accepted; which makes me even happier.

2. Several months ago, I applied again to NARA for a position in their FCIP program. I hadn't heard anything in a while and so I figured that either the positions had been filled or were not needed anymore. Today, however, I got a call and I now have an interview with them in about a week! :D

The good thing about both of these, is that both of them are in College Park, MD and are pretty much, right next to each other. Plus, my degree's concentration is Archiving, which would overlap perfectly if I ended up doing both. While nothing is set in stone, I am excited for both opportunities!

No comments: