Monday, August 10, 2009

Laura's August Countdown presents: 1.5 weeks until China

9 days until I leave for China:
4 days in Provo,
5 days at home.

That would be my traveling haiku. Needless to say, the point is made that I am counting down until I head to China. Right now, I am going to training for the program. 2 days for being a Head Teacher and 2 days of the general training. Along with that, I've been doing the usual packing, prepping and other stuff that comes with going away for four months...

That includes stalking.

Ok, so not really stalking, considering that I am talking to all of the people I am 'stalking' and not in the "I have your cat, come see me under the willow tree if you ever want to see Princess Fluffkins again, muhahaha" stalking sense, but rather just getting to know who they are; and the one thing I noticed was that they or most of them, have blogs in which to write about their experiences in China.

*Ding!*

That was the sound of a light bulb going off in my head. Last time I headed to China, I did a blog-esque thing with my notes on Facebook. That lasted all of about one week. Plus, I didn't have an actual blog. But then, fast forward two years to the present day and I'm thinking, "Hmmm, I havuh me bloog and I needuh to write aboutuh me experiences in the China."

Ok, so my mental grammar and English IS better than that. But I figured why not write here? I've been writing on and off on this thing for about a year now? I've chronicled my weight loss last summer, my senior year of college, why not chronicle my time in China? Surely, the Great Wall and Zhongshan are worthy of my blog time?

Thus, henceforth, by royal decree of me, I do dedicated this blog unto the writing and recording of my time in China.

At least until Christmas.

No comments: